Tools & Discounts
In addition to providing financial products, South Metro Federal Credit Union aims to provide services and education enabling you to achieve personal and financial goals. We’re here to help improve your quality of life.
Calculators are valuable tools for testing real-world financial scenarios. This set of calculators from our MoneyEdu website can help with your financial decisions. Note: these calculators are for estimate purposes only, since they use assumptions. To learn more about your specific financial situation, give us a call!
Estimate monthly payments and the total cost of a vehicle loan.
How much savings should you keep on hand?
Find out the total cost to pay off a credit card debt, and how long it will take.
Compare your financial health with a national sample.
More Ways to Save
Please note: vendor discounts are subject to change without notice.
When you join, you become a member/owner of the Credit Union. We return our profits to our members in the form of better rates and fewer fees on our services, which include:
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Money Orders & Wire Transfers
- Securities signature guarantees
- Notary Service - When you need a signature guarantee certification, SMFCU can provide that for you on your bonds, security or financial instruments.
- Dividends - Members are eligible to receive dividends from our profits/reserves. You can receive dividends on funds in your checking and/or savings accounts. See our Consumer Savings Rates to learn more.
- Insurance - You can get $3000 of coverage, paid for by your credit union and provided by CMFG Life Insurance Company. You can also get up to an additional $300,000 AD&D coverage from CMFG Life at affordable rates. Sign up for your no-cost or additional protection today.
Scholarships - In partnership with the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation Scholarship Council, members of South Metro FCU are eligible for $1,000 scholarships. Learn more.
Did You Know?
Your money is SAFE with our deposit insurance at no cost to you, the depositor. Your deposits are insured up to $500,000 through the combined coverage of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the U.S. government, and Excess Share Insurance (ESI).
By switching to South Metro Credit Union, we were able to save $43,000 per year by customizing their services to fit our needs. - Scott
Free Online Tools
With hundreds of videos, calculators, interactive exercises, and topics to explore, there’s always something new to learn. You can even take complete online courses, create a budget, and track your progress over time. Get started today!
Routing #: 091981646 | NMLS ID # 1059389
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE
We at South Metro Federal Credit Union are committed to the digital inclusion and providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with certain standards and guidelines. We are striving consistently to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of accessibility. If you run into any barriers, please reach out to us at 952-445-0888 or MemberServices@SouthMet.com.