News & Press Releases
- July 1, 2020: The dollar amounts in our Funds Availability Policy have changed. Per the Expedited Funds Availability Act, we have updated the thresholds on our Funds Availability limits. This may affect the funds available to you for certain deposits. Find out more.
- May 11, 2020: New PIN for Debit Cards. Effective May 11, start using your new PIN or call 1-800-992-3808 to set up a new PIN for your SMFCU Debit card.
- Save the Date: The SMFCU Annual Meeting has been rescheduled for Tuesday, August 4 at 5:30 pm. We’ll send out a new calendar reminder closer to this date.
- January 20, 2020: Introducing our new line of SMFCU Credit Cards. More security, and more choices for a card that fits your lifestyle. Find out more.
- December 2019: Check out our new RSS Feed! MoneyEdu and South Metro FCU have teamed up to offer a weekly online feed of financial news. Check it out!
- December 2019: SMFCU and CARFAX team up to protect you. Before you buy your next car, stop in and get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ in our office. Or get it here.
- November 2019: An updated Fee Schedule went into effect on 11-15-2019. See the new Fee Schedule here.
- October 2019: $20,000 in Scholarships available. The Minnesota Credit Union Foundation Scholarship contest is now accepting applications through November 30, with recipients being awarded in December. This year there are twenty $1,000 scholarships, and any South Metro member pursuing post-secondary education in the fall 2019/spring 2020 OR is a high school senior graduating in 2020 is eligible. To apply, start here.
- September 19, 2019: Bill Pay Upgrade goes live. If you have problems using our online Bill Pay service, call 844-279-9824. Learn more about the upgrade.
- September 2019: New SouthMet Mortgage Center. We’re pleased to introduce our new online Mortgage Center that now allows South Metro FCU to accept applications for both mortgages and home equity loans. Our Mortgage Center also has a mortgage calculator, a link to check your mortgage status, and much more. Check it out today at Southmet.MortgageWebCenter.com!
- August 2019: Congratulations to Kristin Chim for her Gold Award for Outstanding Performance in Investment Services. Find out more.
- May 2019: Introducing MoneyEDU! Take an important step in preparing for your financial future with MoneyEdu from South Metro FCU. With hundreds of videos, calculators, interactive exercises, and topics to explore, there’s always something new to learn. Visit MoneyEDU today!
- April 2019: April is Financial Literacy month! Whether you need help for you or a loved one, we’ve got the tools to help you keep your finances in order. Get personalized financial counseling from our Financial Education Specialist, Alyssa Walford.
- April 2019: Please come to our Annual Meeting. Join us on Tuesday, May 7 at 5:30 pm at the LINK Event Center in Prior Lake.. We’ll be brief, we’ll have refreshments, and your participation is sincerely appreciated. To RSVP call 952-445-0888 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 2019: Save with TurboTax and SMFCU! TurboTax offers great support to help you through the tax process from the comfort of home. And as a SMFCU member, you can save up to $15. Start here.
- January 2019: Chain of Hearts fundraiser South Metro’s Chain of Hearts campaign runs from Jan. 8 through Feb. 28. Show your love to Minnesota’s kids! Stop by any branch, put your name on a paper heart, and support Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
- September 25, 2017: ShakoStrong Foundation is formed.
Routing #: 091981646 | NMLS ID # 1059389
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE
We at South Metro Federal Credit Union are committed to the digital inclusion and providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with certain standards and guidelines. We are striving consistently to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of accessibility. If you run into any barriers, please reach out to us at 952-445-0888 or MemberServices@SouthMet.com.