News & Press Releases
- MEMBER APPRECIATION WEEK IS HERE! We love our members! Now through Sept. 25, get a great deal on a consumer loan and come visit us for fab treats and a chance at a grand prize. You can also vote for your favorite local charity to get a generous gift too. Find out more.
- $16,000 in Scholarships Available : The Minnesota Credit Union Foundation is offering a total of 16 1,000 scholarships. Any SMFCU member pursuing education in the fall of 2020 and spring of 2021 is eligible to apply. Applications are accepted through November 30, 2020. To apply, start here.
- Oct. 6 Annual Meeting: The SMFCU Annual Meeting has been postponed until Tuesday, October 6. Stay tuned for details.
- July 1, 2020: The dollar amounts in our Funds Availability Policy have changed. Per the Expedited Funds Availability Act, we have updated the thresholds on our Funds Availability limits. This may affect the funds available to you for certain deposits. Find out more.
- May 11, 2020: New PIN for Debit Cards. Effective May 11, start using your new PIN or call 1-800-992-3808 to set up a new PIN for your SMFCU Debit card.
- January 20, 2020: Introducing our new line of SMFCU Credit Cards. More security, and more choices for a card that fits your lifestyle. Find out more.
- December 2019: Check out our new RSS Feed! MoneyEdu and South Metro FCU have teamed up to offer a weekly online feed of financial news. Check it out!
- December 2019: SMFCU and CARFAX team up to protect you. Before you buy your next car, stop in and get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ in our office. Or get it here.
- September 2019: New SouthMet Mortgage Center. We’re pleased to introduce our new online Mortgage Center that now allows South Metro FCU to accept applications for both mortgages and home equity loans. Our Mortgage Center also has a mortgage calculator, a link to check your mortgage status, and much more. Check it out today at Southmet.MortgageWebCenter.com!
- September 25, 2017: ShakoStrong Foundation is formed.
Routing #: 091981646 | NMLS ID # 1059389
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE
We at South Metro Federal Credit Union are committed to the digital inclusion and providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with certain standards and guidelines. We are striving consistently to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of accessibility. If you run into any barriers, please reach out to us at 952-445-0888 or MemberServices@SouthMet.com.