News & Press Releases
- Annual Santa Event Cancelled We’re sorry to report that Santa and his reindeer will not be visiting the Credit Union this December. However we are offering daily prizes during our 12 Days of Christmas promo plus a special rate on personal loans all month long. Find out more.
- Congratulations to Kristin Chim for earning her 8th National Award! We are thrilled to announce that Kristin Chim received yet another Gold National Keystone Award for outstanding performance in investment services. Read more here.
- $16,000 in Scholarships Available: The Minnesota Credit Union Foundation is offering a total of 16 1,000 scholarships. Any SMFCU member pursuing education in the fall of 2020 and spring of 2021 is eligible to apply. Applications are accepted through November 30, 2020. To apply, start here.
- Oct. 6 Annual Meeting: If you missed it, it’s not too late. Watch the video here.
- September: As part of our Member Appreciation Week, members voted for a charity to receive a $500 gift from SMFCU. The winner was Protecting Paws Animal Rescue at ProtectingPawsAnimalRescue.org
- Check out our new RSS Feed! MoneyEdu and South Metro FCU have teamed up to offer a weekly online feed of financial news. Check it out!
- New SMFCU Credit Cards: More security, and more choices for a card that fits your lifestyle. Find out more.
- SMFCU and CARFAX team up to protect you.Before you buy your next car, stop in and get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ in our office. Or get it here.
- New SouthMet Mortgage Center. We’re pleased to introduce our new online Mortgage Center that now allows South Metro FCU to accept applications for both mortgages and home equity loans. Our Mortgage Center also has a mortgage calculator, a link to check your mortgage status, and much more. Check it out today at Southmet.MortgageWebCenter.com!
- MEMBER APPRECIATION WEEK We love our members! Now through Sept. 25, get a great deal on a consumer loan and come visit us for fab treats and a chance at a grand prize. You can also vote for your favorite local charity to get a generous gift too. Find out more.
- July 1, 2020: The dollar amounts in our Funds Availability Policy have changed. Per the Expedited Funds Availability Act, we have updated the thresholds on our Funds Availability limits. This may affect the funds available to you for certain deposits. Find out more.
- May 11, 2020: New PIN for Debit Cards. Effective May 11, start using your new PIN or call 1-800-992-3808 to set up a new PIN for your SMFCU Debit card.
- September 25, 2017: ShakoStrong Foundation is formed.
Routing #: 091981646 | NMLS ID # 1059389
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE
We at South Metro Federal Credit Union are committed to the digital inclusion and providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with certain standards and guidelines. We are striving consistently to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of accessibility. If you run into any barriers, please reach out to us at 952-445-0888 or MemberServices@SouthMet.com.