News & Press Releases
- September is Member Appreciation Month! Thanks for a great 35 years at South Metro Federal Credit Union! We want to celebrate with our members. Find out more.
- $18,000 in Scholarship Money Available. Once again, the Minnesota Credit Union Foundation is awarding scholarship money to aspiring students. Click here for details.
- Upcoming Summer Events We are proud to sponsor and attend many fun, local events throughout the year. Stay up to date with the events we are attending by following our Facebook and Instagram pages.
- SMFCU is Safe and Sound. As a member at South Metro FCU, you can feel confident that your savings are secure. Find out more.
- Welcome, Robert! We are excited to introuduce Robert J. Goscicki as our new CEO. Read the Full Press Release Here.
- Congratulations to Kristin Chim for earning her 9th National Award! We are thrilled to announce that Kristin Chim received yet another Gold National Keystone Award for outstanding performance in investment services. Read more here.
- Check out our new RSS Feed! MoneyEdu and South Metro FCU have teamed up to offer a weekly online feed of financial news. Check it out!
- SMFCU and CARFAX team up to protect you. Before you buy your next car, stop in and get a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ in our office. Or get it here.
- New SouthMet Mortgage Center. We’re pleased to introduce our new online Mortgage Center that now allows South Metro FCU to accept applications for both mortgages and home equity loans. Our Mortgage Center also has a mortgage calculator, a link to check your mortgage status, and much more. Check it out today at Southmet.MortgageWebCenter.com!
South Metro FCU employees or card services will never ask you to verify the following information:
- Personal Information, including member number, date of birth, and social security number
- Full debit or credit card numbers or PIN
- Online/Mobile banking credentials
- A one-time verification code or link that was sent
- “Test” transactions that you did not complete as legitimate
If you receive a phone call, text, or email asking any of these questions, it is best to end all communication. Instead, reach out directly to a Branch or give us a call at 952-445-0888 to assist or review any account concerns. If you feel you’ve been compromised, change passwords for online/mobile banking and call us immediately.
Routing #: 091981646 | NMLS ID # 1059389
WEBSITE ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE
We at South Metro Federal Credit Union are committed to the digital inclusion and providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with certain standards and guidelines. We are striving consistently to conform to WCAG 2.0 Level AA of accessibility. If you run into any barriers, please reach out to us at 952-445-0888 or MemberServices@SouthMet.com.